25.5.12

Speaking Volumes Commercial Project [Court of Puppets]

#1

#2
This is the final piece I wanted to submit for the outside project of Speaking Volumes because I thought I'd achieved the right balance of ideology with craft to produce it. That expresses the controlled conformity and puppeteering which is occurring between all groups, men and women, man and child and shows what is happening with a simple image..
Although I had more ideas, some I thought may be to controversial or 'deep' for a first edition of a new publication, and so went with my most universal idea.

I may produce another piece called, 'The More Words We Know, The More We Can See', which is an extended ideology (not broad enough to be a philosophy), that poses that we do not see with our physical eyes but our minds, and the more words we are attune with, the wider our gauge of material things we can perceive..

3 comments:

  1. This is super, Kay :) I love the use of ink on the front person.
    P.s thank you for introducing Game Of Thrones to Ben who then showed it to me, it's awesome and I have only watch two episodes :O Although I am disliking many of the characters as they are such meanies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thanks sam, yeah i was conflicted when drawing it.. didn't really know what to draw...
    but as for Game of Thrones, its soo good, we were only about to start episode 4, so we need to have a day to watch a few more episodes..
    let me know when you guys are free to catch up ;)

    ReplyDelete